Bold Variety Pack


A bold group of coffees that will change what you know about coffee. All three of these pack a punch but for different reasons! The Indian coffee is a Robusta variety, and boy does it surprise us each time. Robustas are much heavier-bodied coffees that along with their nutty, earthy taste provide twice the caffeine of any other variety. The Ethiopian coffee is an Heirloom native variety that showcases the strong heritage of coffee (which originated in Ethiopia). Lastly, the Rwandan coffee is one that put Rwanda on the map for having excellent tasting beans, winning the 2008 World Cup of Excellence award.

A little bit of info about each bean in this pack:


On the eastern slopes of the Western Ghats mountain range, a UNESCO World Heritage Site exists. This site is one of the most biologically diverse places in the world with more than 5000 species of flowering plants and 508 different species of birds. In this area, small family-owned farms have been cultivating coffee for nearly one hundred years, passed down from one generation to the next.

What may not be obvious about this coffee is that it is not a normal Arabica coffee. 70% of the coffee we drink is Arabica coffee. This coffee is what largely makes up the other 30%, a part of the lesser known variety, Robusta. Robusta coffee is different, very very different. It’s got almost half the sugar content, less acidity, and for the caffeine lovers – almost double the caffeine. Robusta coffee packs a punch and is the true morning pick me up.


In many parts of the world, individual farmers are unable to process their own beans. There are many reasons for this, and for many, it’s due to the scarcity of water or the trust in someone else’s knowledge and skill in processing coffee beans. In this region of the world, farmers join together to create washing stations, where many small and local farmers deliver their harvest to be sorted and dried for 15 to 20 days. The raised drying beds are carefully constructed to ensure proper air circulation and temperature control for an optimal drying process. These cherries are turned regularly on the beds to prevent damage during the drying process and are meticulously looked after to ensure quality.

The cultural significance of coffee to Ethiopia dates back as much as 14 centuries, where we believe coffee originated from. During the course of these many centuries, the people of Ethiopia have mastered the craft of cultivating and preparing coffee, for this reason, Ethiopian coffee is some of the most sought after in the world.


This coffee comes from 400, 000+ small farmers owning small farms in Rwanda, each owning less than a quarter of a hectare. They cultivate Arabica coffee, almost exclusively of the bourbon variety. Since Rwanda is landlocked, getting access to Rwandan coffee is difficult.

In 2008 the Cup of Excellence competition helped put Rwanda on the specialty coffee map. Here is one of those coffees.

SKU: bvp Category:



Tasting Note

Parched Roasted Corn, Chocolate, Clean


Variety CxR, Robusta Peridinia, and S.274
Region Sakleshpur and Coorg Districts, Karnataka, India
Harvest December – March
Altitude 1, 200 – 1, 350 metres
Soil Volcanic loam
Process Full natural, dried in the sun and mechanical dryers


Tasting Notes

Cocoa Powder, Fruit Leather, Berry


Variety Indigenous heirloom
Region Guji Zone, Oromia Region, Ethiopia
Harvest October – December
Altitude 1, 800 – 2, 200 metres
Soil Vertisol
Process Full natural and dried on raised beds


Tasting Notes

Black Tea, Blackberry, Honeydew Melon


Variety Bourbon
Region Kigali Province, Rwanda
Harvest March – June
Altitude 1, 200 – 2, 000 metres
Soil Volcanic loam
Process Fully washed and dried in raised beds

Additional information

Weight 400 g


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Bold Variety Pack”

Your email address will not be published.